Clear braces are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces. The idea of invisible braces first became popular in the 1980s. Unfortunately, the brackets back then were made of a plastic substance that tended to stain fairly easily. Today, the brackets are made of a ceramic composite, which doesn’t stain and is much stronger.
1. Less irritation of the gums
2. Sturdy and strong brackets
3. Clear or white brackets, specifically designed to blend in with your teeth
1. Not recommended for patients who need extensive treatment
2. Slightly more expensive than traditional metal braces
3. Slightly larger brackets on your teeth (don’t forget, they’re clear!)
Clear braces are specifically designed to blend in with the teeth, making them a subtle and beautiful option.
Do You Want To Know More?
At Karl Orthodontics, we strive to provide a consultative approach for every patient. We want you to fully understand your treatment options before any work begins, so you are confident in your choice of treatment and your choice in our practice.
When you are ready to learn more about your or your loved one's smile transformation, schedule your 100% no-obligation Karl Smile Analysis—a $290 value, completely free. We look forward to working with you!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our Grand Rapids, Michigan, orthodontics office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.