START SMILING AGAIN: YOUR GUIDE TO OBTAINING A BEAUTIFUL SMILE” – BY DR. PAUL KARL
Your child’s confident smile starts with you!
Start Smiling Again: Your Guide to Obtaining a Beautiful Smile will teach you all you need to know about the inner workings and recommendations of an orthodontist, including:
- Signs you or your child need to see an orthodontist
- How orthodontic treatment can impact your child’s social life
- What you can expect from an initial consultation and exam
- The best treatment options for your child’s problems
There is nothing more joyful than a child’s smile- learn what you can do to help your obtain a great smile they can carry forever!
Enjoy This Sample from Dr. Paul Karl’s Book…
The Importance of a Healthy Bite
As a parent, you want to send your children out into the world with all the advantages you can give them, and certainly, a great looking smile is a major one. But as I mentioned, a healthy bite is every bit as important to their long-term health, even though it’s not something that other people will see. What are the problems a bad bite or a misaligned jaw can cause?
- Difficulty in eating and chewing.
- Trouble with oral hygiene, as misaligned teeth are often difficult to clean in between, that leads to decay and gum disease.
- Badly aligned teeth—the cause of a bad bite—can become loose or broken, because of the way they’re striking together and the force exerted when you bite down. And uneven wear can cause all kinds of problems, including premature tooth loss.
- A bad bite can cause bruxism, or grinding, which further wears down the teeth.
- A misaligned jaw can also create issues with the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), causing chronic headaches or jaw pain.
These aren’t the cosmetic issues you see; they’re really structural issues that if left untreated will come back to trouble you eventually. Why spend money on straightening your teeth, and yet, neglect to address the underlying problems that can ultimately cause them to shift, or cause you to lose them? That’s why I take such care when I’m creating a treatment plan to straighten teeth—to create a healthy bite that will help you or your child to get and keep.
As someone who was in practice as a general dentist for so many years, I’m very conscious of the health of the whole mouth, too, beyond straightening teeth.
Read more of “Start Smiling Again: Your Guide to Obtaining A Beautiful Smile” by requesting your FREE copy!